De Blob is exactly why I never bought a Play Station poo or an X-files box. The depth of imagination needed to make a game like De Blob can only be complimented by a game console company of equal creativity. Nintendo is that company. Sure, the Gamecube was a horribly boring version of Play Station's "rinse, increase graphics quality, repeat, and sell" formula. Nintendo got in the rut of thinking people are stupid enough to buy the same games over and over again, without getting bored. The Play Station 3 is a glitzy reminder of the end-result of that game.
To date, I count 5 games Wii games of the highest quality. Two of these, at least for me, reach that other worldly quality, that of an inherently new type of game. Super Mario Wii is one of those games, and De Blob is the other.
De Blob, however, is not really a game. It is an exploration of fun accompanied by some of the grooviest rifts from the early 90s acid jazz period. I say exploration of fun, because during the game all you do is basically roll around painting buildings, benches, and trees while head-bobbing to sweet female-laced tunes that develop to the pace and tempo of your painting. There really is no "game" to it, just relaxing rolling and painting. The anti-corporate, anti-fascist story-line is relaxing as well.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
De Blob: Revolutionary Game?
Labels:
Yes I Still Play Nintendo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i hate facists blobs
Post a Comment