Furlong Colony 1: I Bought Obama's "The Audacity of Hope"
F U R L O N G C O L O N Y 1
A sporadic update of the important effects unfolding in Furlong Colony 1.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

I Bought Obama's "The Audacity of Hope"

And what's the first thing I read while spot-reading it in the bookstore? "Trade representatives must understand the competitive pressures of their employers". In other words, the greedy workers have to give the poor whittle capitalists a chance. This, of course, is not surprising coming from a politician who was elected because he promises to unify the country. However, considering he is a left-of-center welfare liberal, I don't understand how he could have written it without lying to himself. If anything, there has been too much sympathy for the competition pressure exerted on employers by the market. 95% of manufacturing factories have been moved to Mexico or China paying workers 30 to 50 cents before the exchange rate. These moves over the last two decades are immoral, unchristian, and purposely divisive. So excuse me if I'm not going to budge and be "sympathetic" to the plight of employers when they unilaterally closed their factories to make an easy buck of the exchange and slave labor.

1 comment:

Chris said...

So far I'm not impressed. He's going to have to be a great leader to unify the country in a political climate in which the Republicans need not compromise.

 
F U R L O N G C O L O N Y 1
A sporadic update of the important events unfolding in Furlong Colony 1.