Korea is not famous for many thing, 5000 years of culture, taekwando, M*A*S*H, The Korean war, red ginseng, and one of the best education systems in the universe, just to name the few. Of these few, the leader of my moms (aka Education Mama 1) thinks red ginseng is "Korea's most famous thing". I know this, because she gave me a very expensive bottle of pure red ginseng extract today. I guess that makes me her most famous teacher.
Today was "Teachers' Day" in South Korea. It always follows children's day. In Korean, teachers are called 선생님 (S-aw-n s-ay-ng n-ee-m) and during this celebration students give their teachers respect, and if their teacher is their favorite teacher, presents. I got a bottle of red ginseng extract, a lollipop, and no respect. The bastards. [Just kidding. Kids can't be bastards]
Here are some photos of the extract and the letter that Education Mama 1 wrote. Don't look for the lollipop, though; it was crunched immediately:Update: The second mom in command (aka Education Mama 2) gave me a tin of red ginseng candies. Compared to the ginseng candies I brought home last October these candies taste amazing. There's only 0.2% ginseng power in each candy, but, hey, all ginseng helps. :)
Thursday, May 15, 2008
From the Leader of My Moms
Labels:
Munchkins Learning Engrish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment