Jamie and I went out to eat at a "nah moole" restaurant on Sunday night, which serves barbequed pork, fish, rice, and boiled bulgolgi along with - surprise! - lots of nah moole. The nah moole is the green, stringy stuff in the small white dishes. I think it's best described as either a "herb dish" or a "weed dish". You can choose you prefer based on your temperament, but I for one prefer the latter (I love telling people I eat weeds! And I sure do eat a lot of it - it's delicious) Jamie, however, would prefer it be called a "wild herb dish." As she tells me whenever I want to nah moo about the nah moole: most restaurants get their "nah moole" weeds, er, herbs - and there are many varieties of weeds, as you can see in the photo - fresh from pickers (little old ladies) who scour the mountains in search of the freshest nah moole. I wasn't joking either. Little old ladies in South Korea are built to last. Countless times I've watched one of them lug card board and bottles up and down the road as I scarfed down a mouthful of wonderful tasting weed moole....I meant moole weed! Mooleweed! Nah weed moole! Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, moo, moo, moo, oo-oole!
Nah moole photos (7)
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Nah Mooing About Nah Moole
Labels:
South Korea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks interesting. How would one become a little,old Korean women?
Your posts make me hungry.
Your posts make me hungry.
You should send me those pictures of us at grampy and grammy's.
Given your new link at the top, that will warrant a response tonight.
You take yours down and I will take mine down. These blogs are not political blogs. They are family blogs.
Post a Comment