"America touts itself as the land of the free, but the number one freedom that you and I have is the freedom to enter into a subservient role in the workplace. Once you exercise this freedom you've lost all control over what you do, what is produced, and how it is produced. And in the end, the product doesn't belong to you. The only way you can avoid bosses and jobs is if you don't care about making a living. Which leads to the second freedom: the freedom to starve."
-Tom Morello
True, so true.
Monday, November 2, 2009
The Freedom to Starve
Labels:
Realpolitik
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
LOL.
This guy is such a hypocrite and the quote is ignorant.
He didn't choose to have a boss and he didn't choose to starve. He chose to work his ass off to become an amazing guitarist and probably will never have to worry about making a living ever again.
He did choose to have job, as we all do. His job was entertaining. Your job is teaching. My job is supporting. We all have jobs and we all have a role. Yes, unless you lucky, you will need to make a choice between a job and starving. That's the way the world works. If you don't contribute, you can't expect to get anything back.
Buddy is a shining example of not choosing a subservient role in the workplace and is therefore a big, hypocritical deutsche-bag. The biggest deustche in the universe.
Also, we are all subservient. No matter how you look at it, you serve other people and you don't have a choice. Oprah serves her viewers, you serve your students, Morello serves his listeners. We all serve whether we like it or not.
This is type of drivel that drives societies down the road toward serfdom and distracts individuals from reality.
Making a living. What does that mean? Is having a job making a living?
Its an english idiom; you know what it means. Don't be stupid.
"Also, we are all subservient. No matter how you look at it, you serve other people and you don't have a choice. Oprah serves her viewers, you serve your students, Morello serves his listeners. We all serve whether we like it or not."
So much for the vaunted liberty! You call him a hypocrite and douche and then agree with him anyway, which makes you a theoretist douche.
"So much for the vaunted liberty! You call him a hypocrite and douche and then agree with him anyway, which makes you a theoretist douche."
WRONG.
I have the freedom to choose who I serve and how I serve them. I also have the choice to move out to the woods alone and serve only myself, however, because serving others makes me wealthier, I CHOOSE to do this.
"I have the freedom to choose who I serve and how I serve them."
Good Sir, it matters not if wages are so low it does not matter whom you "choose".
"I also have the choice to move out to the woods alone and serve only myself,"
And all the knowledge you employ in the woods is from society.
"however, because serving others makes me wealthier, I CHOOSE to do this."
And when everyone is paid a low wage, everyone is going to move out into the woods?
Okay but again, what does "making a living" mean????
And i am not an english idiom I will have you know!
It means producing something or a service in the context of society. It does not mean going out to the woods to "do it all alone". That is individualist nonsense. Even the hermit lives alone with his or her education.
Post a Comment