Furlong Colony 1: A Proper Use of Violence
F U R L O N G C O L O N Y 1
A sporadic update of the important effects unfolding in Furlong Colony 1.

Friday, June 12, 2009

A Proper Use of Violence



Nazi scum off our streets!^



Neo-Nazis have the right to free speech and there is a proper use of violence: to stop Nazis from gaining power.

23 comments:

Josh said...

Of course you think this is the proper use of violence. People of your political persuasion always find ways to rationalize violence.

Douglas Porter said...

:) It is proper. Defeating the Nazis in WWII was 100% proper and moral.

Josh said...

Right, because the Nazi's taking over countries and murdering people.

This is an elected representative.

Douglas Porter said...

And a Nazi.

Josh said...

Yep.

Douglas Porter said...

And thus this is an example of a proper use of violence. Egg violence in this case.

Josh said...

Yes, violence is excused if the victim has bad ideas. I see now.

Douglas Porter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Douglas Porter said...

No, you are wrong. His ideas are and have been proven explicitly murderous. For example, communism led to many deaths, but it is not murderous in its intent. Nazism is murderous in its intent and application. Therefore, it is an ideology to be stopped right from the get-go. You may not like this fact, but those protesters were 100% in the right.

Note that I am not arguing that he doesn't have the right to say what he says. I am for 100% freedom of speech. I just think that he should expect to be violently accosted while publicly promoting ideas that led to the murder of 6 million people+, explicitly. Those protesters are 100% right and he has the right to make his speech, but look what happens..

Josh said...

"His ideas are and have been proven explicitly murderous."

Did he murder someone?

"those protesters were 100% in the right."

Until they started assaulting this man.

"I just think that he should expect to be violently accosted while publicly promoting ideas that led to the murder of 6 million people+, explicitly."

You seem to have no problem promoting the symbolism of the same event. What about the millions of people that have died at the hands of the US government? Should we now okay violently accosting supporters of the US government because their ideas "lead to" murder?

Josh said...

You know, for an educated man, I would think you would be a little bit more enlightened than this.

Douglas Porter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Douglas Porter said...

"Did he murder someone?"

Yes, his ideas have murdered millions.

"Until they started assaulting this man."

He started assaulting Jews and Muslims the moment he opened his mouth.

"You seem to have no problem promoting the symbolism of the same event."

It is not the symbolism of the same event. It is a symbol of Buddhism.

"What about the millions of people that have died at the hands of the US government? Should we now okay violently accosting supporters of the US government because their ideas "lead to" murder?"

Not a bad idea. I tell you one thing: the peace demonstrations were much more effective at the time BECAUSE there were those among them that had no problem confronting the war criminals with a fist.

"You know, for an educated man, I would think you would be a little bit more enlightened than this."

I disagree with your definition of enlightenment. In fact, I'm quite sure that once you read beyond the confines of libertarianism, you will find that things are not so black-and-white as they seem. Until that day, and if that day never comes, you are not qualified to comment.

Josh said...

"his ideas have murdered millions."

Ideas don't murder.

"Not a bad idea. I tell you one thing: the peace demonstrations were much more effective at the time BECAUSE there were those among them that had no problem confronting the war criminals with a fist."

There's a difference between a war criminal and someone that has ideas you don't like. As well, noone is a criminal until convicted of being one.

"I disagree with your definition of enlightenment."

I don't know if I can actually define enlightenment, but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure condoning violence against those you disagree with is the opposite of it.

Douglas Porter said...

"Ideas don't murder."

Yes, actually, they do, because they are what drive people to commit racial violence. Take those ideas away, and a Nazi is not a Nazi.

"There's a difference between a war criminal and someone that has ideas you don't like. As well, noone is a criminal until convicted of being one."

Not when the ideas themselves are murderous.

"I don't know if I can actually define enlightenment, but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure condoning violence against those you disagree with is the opposite of it."

I am not condoning violence against those I disagree with. I am condoning violence against those with murderous ideas.

Josh said...

"they are what drive people to commit racial violence."

Note: in this statement it is the people who commit the violence, not the ideas.

"Not when the ideas themselves are murderous."

Ideas do not murder.

"I am condoning violence against those with murderous ideas."

Ideas do not murder. You are condoning violence against those who have ideas you do not agree with.

Douglas Porter said...

No, sorry, the ideas that killed 6 million Jews lived in the minds of people many generations before anyone was killed. Since people as children do not have a choice what they are taught, it follows that ideas kill.

Ideas DO murder.

Josh said...

Ideas do not murder.

Douglas Porter said...

Yes, yes they do. Multi-generational ideas kill. Nationalism is one of these ideas.

Josh said...

People can have nationalist ideas without killing. People can be anti-semites without killing.

Ideas do not kill.

Josh said...

Condoning violence toward innocent individuals, however, certainly can lead to killing.

Douglas Porter said...

Yes, yes they can have those beliefs without killing. But more than not, those ideas lead to murder. Pogroms, hangings, concentration camps, gas chambers, history is full of the "choice" of those encultured with the arguments of hate.

"Condoning violence toward innocent individuals, however, certainly can lead to killing."

I am not condoning violence toward babies or peaceniks, Josh.

Josh said...

"But more than not, those ideas lead to murder"

So you agree they can not lead to murder. But we should violently attack innocent people who think them anyway, right?

"I am not condoning violence toward babies or peaceniks, Josh."

You're condoning violence a man who has been convicted of no crime. I guess the solution would be to take him, and everyone that voted for him and put them in some kind of camp, away from the rest of society of which is threatened by their ideas.

 
F U R L O N G C O L O N Y 1
A sporadic update of the important events unfolding in Furlong Colony 1.