I noticed today that my Plastic Raincoat Diaspora video, which I posted on YouTube, has been favorited once and posted on two websites. Not much fame, I know, but I'll let it brighten my day anyway.
Yahoo Video Search.
Bollywoodsargram
Monday, June 8, 2009
Plastic Raincoast Diaspora Fame
Labels:
Me Myself and Boris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Ummmmm....a swastika? Is that really tasteful?
Sure. The Swastika is a venerable religious symbol of many religions.
Also, I licked it with my tongue and it tastes fantastic!
I understand the swastika carried a different meaning before the holocaust, and still does to some people, however, we live after the holocaust, and to billions of people world wide, it is a rather offensive symbol; and to have it pasted across the top of your website. . .are you trying to make a "statement"?
No, it still carries the same meaning in different countries and in different religions. And no, it doesn't carry this meaning to "some people", but to billions of people. The question is: from which "billions of people's" perspective you are looking from?
Well, anyone that is offended by the murdering of 5 million jewish people by a movement symbolized by the picture at the top of your website should be offended.
Fortunately it has nothing to do with that.
You live within a vacuum?
No, I am living in a culture that was significantly separated from the events in Europe. I am living in a culture with a different view of the swastika symbol. I am living in a culture where Hitler is not as potent of an evil historical figure. For the Koreans, he is probably more like Napoleon or Genghis Khan. Yeah, they were both horrible men, but they just don't have the same POW as Hitler does when his name is brought up in conversation within our culture. In our culture Hitler was just not a murderous dictator war monger, but evil incarnate.
And yet Korea is not a bubble. Anyone can view your website, and most people who do are from the West.
That's fine. Those from the West need to think from more than one narrow perspective. If they are thinking from one narrow perspective, they are boneheads.
Yes, no longer should the maple leaf make people think of Canada, stars and stripes should not make you think of the US, the cross should not longer make you think of Christianity, and the swoosh sign should no longer make you think of nike because those thoughts are "narrow". Retard.
"Yes, no longer should the maple leaf make people think of Canada, stars and stripes should not make you think of the US, the cross should not longer make you think of Christianity, and the swoosh sign should no longer make you think of nike because those thoughts are "narrow". Retard."
Which people? Who is "you"? Are there other cultures that use the maple leaf as a symbol? I don't think so. What about the cross? Hmmm, maybe, but I've never seen it. The swoosh? So it seems you have a hard time thinking, but in retrospect I'm sure you can see that those symbols are a bit different..
Post a Comment