In my push to become as good as my camera - semi-professional - I finally took a photo I like using only the manual settings. Tell me what you think. Isn't it sharper and its colors more vivid than the shots taken on auto? 
Monday, May 18, 2009
Bulguk Temple: Buddha's 2553rd Birthday
Labels:
Places I've Been,
South Korea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I ususally switch to manual in difficult lighting situatioins or when I want to play with depth of field. I'm pretty sure your camera will also have priority settings for the aperture and shutter...playing with those can end up in some really nice photos. I think you have to know a lot about lighting to properly take manual photos on the fly. It usually takes several photos of the same thing for me to get things properly adjusted. But your pictures turned out, so I'm guessing you are off to a good start.
It took me about three shots to get that one. I tried it with other shots, but the lighting was off by just a little bit. Just a little too dreamy or something. I find that manual makes the lens much more sensitive, which is a bit annoying, but yeah, for color and depth of field you can't beat it. It takes time, though.. I've started taking notes as to which settings are best in which kinds of light.
What do you think of this batch?
Post a Comment