Furlong Colony 1: Donghwasa Temple, Daegu, South Korea
F U R L O N G C O L O N Y 1
A sporadic update of the important effects unfolding in Furlong Colony 1.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Donghwasa Temple, Daegu, South Korea


I've always like a bit of pain while exercising. Pain with a challenge. So while the Koreans hiking the same trail as I am are sporting super-light, minimum storage backpacks and zipping up the trails as I sweat my way up one step at a time, I am lugging the essentials:

- 1 LG laptop for talking to Jamie at night in the hotel room and for photo manipulation while riding the bus.
- 1 Cannon DSLR camera with massive zoomlens attached.
- 1 extra battery and extra memory card for the aformentioned camera.
- Extra jacket, shirt, underwear, and two extra pairs of socks.
- 1 Ipod to entertain.
- Tissue packs, wet-tissue packs, medicines of various kinds.
- 1 hiking ski pole.
- Tripod (not for this trip, but definitely for the next one)
- One small bottle of mouthwash.
- Washed, peeled and cut raw vegetables. Preferrably cucumber, because they are an extra source of water.
- Battery chargers.
- Pen and paper.


Fullscreen slideshow.

3 comments:

Josh said...

Looks like quite the adventure.

Unknown said...

I don't know if you have seen my facebook pictures, but I've been to Donghwasa as well and our pictures are almost identical! Looks like you were there at a good time, or you were extremely patient; I had issues with trying to wait for people to clear out to get the shot I wanted. In the end I just gave up because I thought I was boring Susan. Anywho, nice pictures! You must have changed your camera.

Chris said...

Just took a look. Some nice shots! Did you get a wide-angle lens or something?

Don't worry, I bored and irritated Jamie on more than one occasion, lol.

I was there on a good day and I was alone. Thus I could snap shots at my own pace or lack thereof.

Yes, I bought a Canon 40D along with a 24-70mm zoom lens.

 
F U R L O N G C O L O N Y 1
A sporadic update of the important events unfolding in Furlong Colony 1.