Furlong Colony 1: Gumi's Industrial River
F U R L O N G C O L O N Y 1
A sporadic update of the important effects unfolding in Furlong Colony 1.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Gumi's Industrial River

This a photo the industrial river that runs through Gumi, the Nakdong. I call it Gumi's "industrial river", because along the stretch of river that flows through the city are some of the biggest factories south of Seoul. This fact is the main reason I don't drink city water, even after it has been boiled and even after Lonely Planet has stated that most South Korean water is safe. I DO NOT trust unregulated companies that "just happen" to have built their factories on a river's shore.

4 comments:

Josh said...

The government has a place to protect private property. If factories are polluting your water, you and others should take them to court (a class action law suit).

Douglas Porter said...

First of all, water is not private property, it is public property. Second of all, I still don't trust them. It's too hard to regulate waterways when the pollution can be easily hidden by "parts per million". Small amounts of pollution are hard to detect and prove.

Josh said...

Water may not be considered private property, but it should be.

Douglas Porter said...

No, it shouldn't.

 
F U R L O N G C O L O N Y 1
A sporadic update of the important events unfolding in Furlong Colony 1.