Neener! Neener! I'm the first Furlong to drink deep-sea sea water from a glass!
...
In the Lonely Planet edition for South Korea the drinking water from the tap is listed as safe for consumption by travelers and foreign nationals. Koreans disagree, and hence they are the number one consumer of household water purifier machines in the world. This is the best photo I could find with the English Google, but here in South Korea these machine are ubiquitous:

Deep sea drinking water is just another manifestation of Korea's obsession with consuming ultra-clean drinking water. My preferred producer, which is called Bluemarine, claims to pump its deep sea drinking water up from a depth of 1,032. Its competitor, which I first tried today, only pumps up deep sea water from a depth of 650m. Imagine my distress! *eyes roll up*

Once the deep sea water is pumped up, it's transported to a desalination plant and desalinized. This process leaves a very subtle taste of seasalt in the drinking water, which I find very pleasing. It reminds me that I am drinking water that contains nutrients that probably haven't been consumed by a land organism in a very long, long time.

I'm not sure if deep sea drinking water is widely available in North America yet. I did a google search for comparable English deep sea drinking water producers a couple of months ago, but only found this link: The Water Connoisseur. I looked again today before I prepared this post and found: Hawaii Deep Blue. Is it sold Canadian or American grocery stores? I'd like to know.
No comments:
Post a Comment