Furlong Colony 1: Chubby and Sweating
F U R L O N G C O L O N Y 1
A sporadic update of the important effects unfolding in Furlong Colony 1.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Chubby and Sweating

A couple of weeks ago Jamie and I went hiking to the waterfall at the foot of Mount Gumo. Most of you know this hike well from the photo spreads I've sent you. I really enjoy taking photos while walking; it gives me a goal that makes the next steps easier.



During this recent hike it was hot and humid, and because I'm chubby (not fat! shhhhhhhhhhh!) I was sweating like a hog. Jamie lent me her handkerchief to wipe away the beads of sweat running down my brow into my eyes. Eventually, I had to tie it around my head to stop the river that was emptying into my eyes.



Close to the end of our hike I was soaked. Jamie suggested we sit down on some rocks near the mountain stream, and that I could wash the sweat away by dunking my head. The following photos are of me after I washed the sweat off with clear, cold mountain water. I was completely refreshed, but still sweating. The green moss on the rocks couldn't have been very old, because the stream had just started flowing again a couple of weeks before. Old or new, however, it highlighted the green in my hazel eyes perfectly, and along with the light green handkerchief tied around my head makes a nice photo. Enjoy.



No comments:

 
F U R L O N G C O L O N Y 1
A sporadic update of the important events unfolding in Furlong Colony 1.